Japan-linked oil tankers transit the Strait of Hormuz after prolonged delays.
A convoy of Japan-linked ships and a Saudi crude tanker bound for South Korea have resumed voyages through the Strait of Hormuz after disruptions linked to the Iran conflict.
Strait of Hormuz traffic is increasing again as Japan-linked vessels resume voyages through the strategic waterway after months of disruption.
According to LSEG shipping data, 10 Japan-linked vessels exited the Strait of Hormuz on Monday.
The fleet includes six very large crude carriers carrying about 12 million barrels of crude oil.
The ships also include two chemical tankers, one vehicle carrier and one container ship.
They loaded crude from Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Qatar between late February and early March.
However, regional tensions delayed their departures for several months.
Most of the vessels operate under Mitsui O.S.K. Lines.
The company previously said it would prioritise the safety of its crews, cargo and ships while using the Strait of Hormuz.
However, the company declined to comment on the latest vessel movements.
Meanwhile, South Korean refiner S-Oil confirmed that the VLCC Long Wind cleared the Strait of Hormuz on Saturday.
The tanker carries 2 million barrels of Saudi crude oil.
It is transporting the cargo to S-Oil’s refinery in Onsan, South Korea.
According to LSEG data, the vessel should arrive on 26 July.
As a result, more energy shipments are moving through one of the world’s busiest oil routes.
The latest departures also suggest that shipping activity is gradually returning to normal after months of disruption.
The millionth member will receive one million Sfeer Points, while two existing founding members will…
The Sindh chief minister’s special assistant says new initiatives include religious books for minority students…
Academic Cooperation between Sindh Madressatul Islam University (SMIU) and Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU) has…
Google has announced a $500,000 investment to help Pakistani families use the internet more safely,…
The agreement emerged during a meeting between Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah and…
World No. 1 Aryna Sabalenka suffered another early exit ahead of the US Open, losing…
This website uses cookies.