Christina Aguilera and Shakira events in the UAE cancelled amid regional tensions.
Organisers have cancelled a UAE concert by US singer Christina Aguilera and an Abu Dhabi music festival headlined by Shakira amid the ongoing conflict in the Middle East.
The cancellations come as regional tensions continue to affect the United Arab Emirates and its cultural and tourism sectors.
Organisers cancelled the Offlimits music festival, which was due to take place in Abu Dhabi in November.
Shakira was scheduled to headline the event.
Organisers announced the cancellation on Tuesday and promised to refund ticket holders.
A message on the festival’s website said the organisers hoped to bring the Offlimits community together again in 2027.
2XKO Riot Games to End Active Development of League of Legends Fighting Game
They did not provide a reason for the cancellation.
The festival had originally been scheduled for April before organisers postponed it.
Ticketmaster also confirmed the cancellation of Christina Aguilera’s UAE concert, according to Emirati media reports.
The singer was scheduled to perform on September 25.
Organisers have not announced a replacement date for the concert.
The event had also been scheduled for April before its postponement.
The cancellations come amid heightened tensions between Iran and Gulf states.
Iran has carried out attacks on Emirati ships in recent weeks, following the collapse of a ceasefire last month.
The UAE announced on Tuesday that it would suspend trade and financial dealings with Iran.
Abu Dhabi made the announcement after reporting an Iranian missile attack targeting its ships.
The conflict has affected the UAE’s tourism and cultural sectors.
Gulf countries have traditionally attracted visitors by offering stability and security despite wider regional tensions.
However, repeated Iranian strikes have created new challenges for tourism and entertainment activities.
Although the intensity of the attacks has declined, their impact continues to affect major events and cultural programmes.
The latest cancellations highlight the wider disruption facing the UAE’s entertainment industry as the regional conflict continues.
The millionth member will receive one million Sfeer Points, while two existing founding members will…
The Sindh chief minister’s special assistant says new initiatives include religious books for minority students…
Academic Cooperation between Sindh Madressatul Islam University (SMIU) and Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU) has…
Google has announced a $500,000 investment to help Pakistani families use the internet more safely,…
The agreement emerged during a meeting between Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah and…
World No. 1 Aryna Sabalenka suffered another early exit ahead of the US Open, losing…
This website uses cookies.