QUETTA: The Government of Balochistan on Sunday announced that security forces killed 35 militants and arrested three commanders of Balochistan-based terrorist groups during a major intelligence-based operation near Quetta.
According to Shahid Rind, security forces launched the operation on May 13 in the Mangla Zarghoon Gar area and continued it for four days.
Forces Destroy Militant Camps
Shahid Rind said security personnel destroyed several militant camps and hideouts during the operation.
He added that forces captured three commanders after intense action in the mountainous region on the outskirts of Quetta.
Schedule
The spokesperson said authorities would continue operations against terrorists and their facilitators until they eliminate terrorism from the province.
Recent Violence Raises Security Concerns
The announcement came after a series of violent incidents in Quetta and other parts of Balochistan.
Earlier this month, militants launched rocket attacks on multiple locations in the provincial capital from nearby mountainous areas.
Last week, unidentified attackers blew up a bridge in Mastung and torched trucks carrying goods from Iran. The incident disrupted traffic on the Quetta-Taftan highway.
Government Enforces Section 144
Meanwhile, the provincial government imposed Section 144 across Balochistan for 30 days to maintain law and order.
Authorities banned the display and use of weapons, pillion riding, tinted vehicle windows, unregistered motorcycles and gatherings of five or more people.
Officials also prohibited people from covering their faces in public with masks, mufflers or other items that could prevent identification.
Authorities enforced the restrictions under Section 144 of the Code of Criminal Procedure with immediate effect.
Security Agencies Remain on High Alert
Babar Yousafzai said security agencies remain on high alert to counter threats from banned militant organizations.
He warned that the state would respond strongly to any unlawful activity or attack by terrorist groups.
According to officials, all security institutions have completed preparations to handle emergency situations.
Pakistan Railways Suspends Train Services
Due to the security situation, Pakistan Railways suspended train services from Balochistan to other parts of the country for two days.
Railway authorities confirmed that the Jaffar Express between Quetta and Peshawar will remain cancelled on May 18 and 19.
Officials said the train would operate only up to Jacobabad before returning.
Authorities also kept the Bolan Mail and Chaman Passenger services suspended.






















